Implementation of COBIT 5 for IT Governance
COBIT is a framework and supporting tool set that allow managers to bridge the gap with respect to control requirements, technical issues and business risks, and communicate that level of control to stakeholders. COBIT enables the development of clear policies and good practice for IT control throughout enterprises. The process structure of COBIT and its high-level, business-oriented approach provide an end-to-end view of IT and the decisions to be made about IT.
The COBIT framework is based on the following principle To provide the information that the enterprise requires to achieve its objectives, the enterprise needs to invest in and manage and control IT resources using a structured set of processes to provide the services that deliver the required enterprise information.
The benefits of implementing COBIT as a governance framework over IT include:
- » Better alignment, based on a business focus
- » A view, understandable to management, of what IT does
- » Clear ownership and responsibilities, based on process orientation
- » General acceptability with third parties and regulators
- » Shared understanding amongst all stakeholders, based on a common language
- » Fulfillment of the COSO requirements for the IT control environment
Imperium Solutions works in close association with their clients to help implement COBIT 5 within the organisation.
IImplementation of ISO20000:2011 Standard
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
Imperium Solutions partners with their clients to help implement ISO20000:2011 standard for IT service management.
ISO20000 implementation benefits
- » Align information technology services with business strategy
- » Create a formal framework for IT service improvement
- » Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes
- » Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- » Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals
- » Reduced response times and interruptions to IT service
- » A culture of continuous improvement
- » Increased customer satisfaction from internal and/or external customers
ITIL v3 Process Implementation
ITIL provides comprehensive “best practice” guidelines on all aspects of “end-to-end” Service Management and covers the complete spectrum of people, processes, products and the use of partners.
ITIL is the most widely used management approach to the delivery and support of IT services and infrastructure, world-wide. ITIL and its constituent modules were scoped and developed within an overall framework.
One of the main objectives of ITIL is to assist IT service provider organizations “to improve IT efficiency and effectiveness whilst improving the overall quality of service to the business within imposed cost constraints”.
Imperium Solutions partners with their clients to help implement robust ITIL process in compliance with ITIL v3.